WHAT THE DIRECTORIES SAY
- Within contentious trusts and probate, Harcus Sinclair’s team of ‘very talented individuals’ is praised for its ability to handle complex cases both domestically and internationally and disputes concerning high-value works of art and chattels.
- Damon Parker, the firm’s litigation practice head, is recommended (particularly in relation to his experience of acting in large group litigation claims) along with Alison Meek (who is ‘a formidable litigator’), Lucy Gibson (who is ‘a very impressive trusts litigator’) and Henry Hickman. Damon and Alison are recognised as leading individuals.
- In private client, the team is described as ‘deeply experienced in complex multi-jurisdictional planning and litigation’. Keith Bruce-Smith is described as ‘exceptionally able’. Lucy Gibson is described as ‘a great strategist who also has a very human touch’. Keith and Lucy are both ranked as leading individuals. Solicitor Siena Gold is ‘one to watch’ and rated for her skill in offshore trusts.
- Within family Harcus Sinclair’s team is ‘skilled at advising high-net-worth individuals on complex financial issues across multiple jurisdictions. Kathryn Peat ‘will always go that extra mile for clients’.
CHAMBERS & PARTNERS
- "Naturally, you look for technical ability and the Harcus Sinclair team have it in spades."
- Previous editions have described Harcus Sinclair as a “popular choice for complex wealth management issues” and noted that the private client team punches far above its weight and is known as one of the eminent private client groups in London.
- Lucy Gibson is described as a leading light in the private client space, "extremely able, highly intelligent," "an effective operator and good at analysing problems" and someone who can "deal with difficult cases with ease". Keith Bruce-Smith is described as a trusts expert who frequently handles matters involving offshore jurisdictions and that clients appreciate him for being "an exceptionally good tax lawyer", "extremely effective and fantastic to work with" and someone who "provides a perfect service".
- Chambers describes Harcus Sinclair as being known for having a notable team with a high-quality, broad-based trust litigation practice. Alison Meek is "tenacious" and a "really formidable lawyer". Her practice includes a variety of onshore and offshore trusts dispute work. Jon Beresford, who has experience in handling a range of contentious and non-contentious trusts and planning matters, “regularly acts in notable cases”. Market observers have admired Damon Parker's academic ability saying he "is very balanced. He takes everything in his stride and exudes confidence, which is good for the client".
- Previous editions of Chambers have noted that clients appreciate the family team's "brilliant guidance and execution of advice," adding that its lawyers have "an extremely adept and gifted way of judging the situation at hand". Kathryn Peat has been described as "extremely astute and gifted at analysing the situation and individuals, recommending the best course of action at every turn, and executing it in such a succinct and powerful way". Clients describe her as "extremely plugged-in and immensely effective."
- According to Chambers Roger Cobden-Ramsay "has extraordinarily good judgement" and is "an extremely experienced family lawyer."