‘Joining the party’ by Jenny Morrissey and Olav Haazen
Jenny Morrissey, an Associate in Harcus Sinclair's litigation department, together with Olav Haazen (a director at Grant and Eisenhofer), have written an article for Litigation Funding Magazine on the issues potential claimants should consider before joining group litigation.
The article provides some practical advice for those considering bringing or joining a potential action and covers the following issues:
- the requirement to opt-in;
- how a claim might be funded;
- adverse costs risk and how to mitigate it;
- claim and group administration;
- costs management; and
- additional safeguards for fiduciaries.
To read the full article please see here.